Connections is a new, comprehensive support program that is a part of New Hope Services’ guiding vision of creating a quality life for all in our community.
Connections is voluntary and free for Scott County adolescents, up through 24 years of age who are:
- Currently pregnant and/or
- Male or female and already parenting
- Access to Prenatal Care
- School based case management services
- Community based case management services for teens no longer enrolled in school
- Medicaid/Hoosier Healthwise enrollment
- Access to Well Child Care
- Free Pregnancy Testing
- Crisis Intervention
- Parenting Education
- Guidance and support for parents of teen parents
- Financial credit recovery services
- Housing counseling
- Job training
- Mental Health services
- Substance Abuse services
- Tobacco Cessation
- Support Groups
- GED services
- Child Care financial assistance
- CIRCLES Getting Ahead Program
- Tutoring Services
- Transportation assistance
Connections has opened the "Baby Bucks" store for participants enrolled in the Connections program. The program participants can earn "Baby Bucks" for completing tasks that get them closer to their goals.
We are accepting new and gently used baby or young child clothes, toys, and accessories. We are also in great need of donations of diapers, hygiene products, baby detergent, etc.
The Baby Bucks store has already started to help motivate our participants to try new things and to actively participate in our program.
Connections is an opportunity for adolescent moms and dads in Scott County to get additional support and services to help them with their role as a parent in their child’s life.
Connections Community Partners include:
- Scott Memorial Hospital and local community physicians
- Scott County School Districts I and II
- Scott County Partnership
- LifeSprings Mental Health
- Scott County Health Department
- Planned Parenthood
To learn more about Connections call Michelle Korty, Connections Program Manager at New Hope Services at Kids Place at 812 752-4892 ext. 246.
1642 West McClain Avenue
Scottsburg, Indiana 47170